I could cut my arms off to do Bollywood film Pyaasa, says Pakistani actress Mahira Khan


Bollywood-Pakistan-desi-sex-videoPakistani actress Mahira Khan is in India and loving the public response to her television series ‘Humsafar’. Hindustan Times

HINDUSTAN TIMES
Pakistani actress Mahira Khan, better known as her character Khirad in the TV show Humsafar, is basking in the success of her show with Fawad Khan. She was visiting Lucknow as part of her thanksgiving tour in India. The actor talks about her Bollywood plans, Lucknow connection and more.
How has been the response to Humsafar?
The reviews about the show were amazing — much more than my expectations. Before the India tour I was very sceptical and was spending sleepless nights. But such lovely people, kind people aur izzat karne wale loge hain yahan. Yes, I am not used to so many questions but after that I speak my mind. Today is my third day in India and I am so-so happy to be in Lucknow.
Tell us about your Lucknow connection.
I was in Santa Monica (US) when I met a girl Aditi who was probably studying in Orange County. She told me so much about Lucknow that even before I came here I knew so much about the city. Another thing I found interesting was the way she used to say ‘hum’ instead of ‘mai’ for herself. But today I find the same tehzeeb in the city. I feel like I am visiting my nani’s home. My friend (Aditi) is coming and I can’t wait to have a look of the city and savour the delicacies with her.
What are your plans for Bollywood?
Films are certainly on my mind but they have to be suitable for me just like I have to be suitable for them. If that script and role is worthwhile, I will do it. I am so busy with the channel (Zindagi) that I will not get time till I am finished with everything. After this, I will see if some good scripts come to me then I will decide. Right now, I am shooting two films in Pakistan and have somehow managed to get time from them. One is Bin Roye, written by the same writer (Hamsafar) and the second one is directed by commercial film director Asim Raza and is about the contemporary Pakistan.
And what about TV?
I think I won’t be doing serials as I am told they are very lengthy and never ending. We are used to do 22-24- episode shows and anything more is beyond my imagination. In Pakistan, TV is huge while films are still at its revival stage. One good thing that has happened with our shows being premiered here is that people are getting a window to our culture. We (in Pakistan) watch Indian films and shows but people here were not aware of ours. With this people here now realise that Pakistani culture and its people are similar to theirs. Any myths and misconception will fade away with this.
Tell us about Azlan (son)?
I conceived him when I was 24 and I thought my career is finished. But I got my success after he was born. In Humsafar when I was playing the mother, everything came naturally to me. I owe my success to him.
Quick fire
Most asked question: 
Bollywood film karengi? Fawad (Khan) ke saath kab dikhengi? Is the Ranveer Singh rumour true?
Questions you do not like: 
Nothing as such, but sometimes people ask questions about political situations when they themselves are not informed about it. They should do a little homework.
Besides Fawad, your favourite actor in Pakistan: 
Humayun Saeed
Favourite Indian actors: 
Shah Rukh Khan and Madhuri Dixit
Indian film you will love to do: 
I could cut my left and right arms off to do Guru Dutt’s Paysa.
Last Indian film you saw: 
Khubsoorat
Heard about Bigg Boss:
Yes but a big no!

Gallery

Side Ad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Find Us On Facebook